Monday, January 5, 2009

Daisies in Winter

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I love working with glass and old windows to create pieces that can be hung in trees, placed in gardens, or hung in windows...inside or out. One of my favourite gifts we gave at Christmas was this: I'm not the best photographer, so the lighting is not showing the window at it's best.
Some friendly daisies and a dragonfly...made with love for G and DIL.If it's not too cold this week, I think I'll head over to my studio (the second level of our shed), crank up the electric baseboard heater and start creating.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You MADE that one and the others? They're beautiful.
You need to open another etsy shop with those in it. I'd buy one for sure!

aliceinparis said...

How beautiful. Almost nothing can equal the loveliness of sun shining through coloured glass.
It must be very satisfying.
I wish I had a studio:) I work from my dining room table! It would be nice to have a room dedicated to making art that can stay messy and have projects always ready to be worked on!
Happy creating:)
Cheers, Shelagh

Anonymous said...

We LOVE this piece!! I cried when I opened it! It is so very beautiful. I love all of Sara's glass work. I too was thinking she should open an etsy shop for these...or sell them at the craft fairs. But I can't imagine her parting with them. They are each so unique. Or maybe it's just me. I love them so much I can't imagine letting her part with them. Sara has another favorite of mine (which is cone flowers and a dragonfly) hanging in purgatory. SO VERY BEAUTIFUL! I would want to buy them all. I'd be broke : )
DIL
xo