Friday, January 2, 2009

All sorts of gifts

Happy New Year! Our new year arrived with a bluster. New Year's Eve brought a snow storm and very high winds. It has been a good couple of days to stay inside. (although our visiting Miss M spent a lot of time outside diving into the large snow drifts). Our lane has been plowed, so when we're ready to go venturing we'll be good to go.

I thought I'd share some gifts with you. Here is one I gave to John (well, it was more a gift for both of us). Since we are both retired, we don't have business cards to hand out to people we meet. We were both big biz card people while working....important for networking. So I had some cards printed for us to give out to the people we meet. Our address and phone number is printed on the card, but I've smudged it out in the sample below.

And here is one of my favourite gifts that I received:A lobster trap!A present from DIL and G. The fisherman that DIL got the trap from wouldn't accept any money for it...an example of how generous the people here are.

Speaking of generous...Julia from Lineanongrata held her 2nd annual advent giveaway in December. She gave away a present every day of advent. I was one of the lucky recipients and received my gift in the mail on Christmas Eve.Julia is a graphic artist in the south of France and lives and works on a winery. Sounds dreamy, but sounds like a lot of work. I've been following her life for a year now and it's truly interesting. Her blog is full of wonderful photographs.Another blog giveaway...I have been following the blog of Halifax artist Shelagh Duffet for only a short time, and love her photos and artwork.She's celebrating a special day next week and has a great giveaway. Here's what you have to do.......remember to pop over to her blog on the 8th (that's next Thursday) and wish her a Happy Birthday. She will enter all the well wisher's names into a vessel of some sort and draw the winners. Also, if you blog about it, and put in a link, let her know and she'll enter you twice! She says it's a bit of shameless promotion...I say it's a fun way to share her talents with the blogging world. And the fun continues.... you can get one print free with each purchase at both of her etsy shops. Just write Happy Birthday in the notes to seller and also the print you would like for free:)

I'd love to hear about some of your gifts!

3 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Hi Sara, I am going to pop over to visit Julia. Congrats on the prize. Here's fingers crossed for you again! Thanks so much for posting this:) I will put you in twice! Good odds, maybe there will only be 8 comments:)
Cheers, Shelagh xo

Angelique said...

The business cards are great!!!

julia said...

I wish you and your family a Happy New Year. May it be filled with good things, friends, family, lobsters, your animals, creative pursuits and much happiness.