Sunday, December 21, 2008

Comings and goings

Another lovely weekend with family. G, DIL, and Miss M headed home this afternoon and will return on Tuesday evening for a special celebration. Tomorrow night we are headed back to the airport to pick up a couple of friends who will be staying here through Christmas. We are spending a quiet afternoon with Cody. He lives in Toronto, but says he'd like to live in the country some day. Thirteen days of country living just might cure him of that thought!Miss M is seven and impatient for Christmas to arrive. I remember that feeling. When I was young, I snuck around the house and found a stash of unwrapped presents. That was the last time I did that! There is no fun in knowing everything ahead of time. Now I try to relax more and enjoy family. But it's hard not to fret about getting things "perfect". Really, there's not more to ask for if you can have friends and family with you. Well, maybe I'd like to ask my dog Cassie not to stand up on her hind legs and grab things from the kitchen counter...

1 comment:

Angelique said...

what beautiful images!