Saturday, November 15, 2008

Outing on a foggy day

I had a hot date booked for today with the best guy in the world. (well, in Nova Scotia anyway) We decided to head off to Cherry Hill today. We had heard that there is a beach there that's great for scavenging. I love to look for beach glass when walking on beaches. Although there are lots and lots of beaches within a 1/2 hour drive of our place, the beaches are all beautifully sandy and there's not much scavenging to be had.

When we woke up this morning, it was so foggy you couldn't see past the bird feeder in our yard...about 25 feet from the house. The fog cleared up, and we headed out with my camera. Yes, the camera is back after it's second cleaning in as many weeks.

On the way to Cherry Hill, we passed through Petite Riviere. I finally managed to take a photo of this......something I have seen many times and never took a photo of. This guy is coming out of the roof of a house...someone's idea of humour I guess. I should have taken a photo of the whole house, but had my zoom lens on. Next time.

On the way to Cherry Hill, we turned down a side road and I snapped a couple of photos at a wharf.It was quite foggy at the coast, and doesn't everything look a little dismal in the fog?After a couple of false starts, we found the beach at Cherry Hill (which is not down the road called "Beach Road", oddly enough). Our walk on the beach was short lived today. There was quite a smell to the air, which the dogs seemed to love but I wasn't too fond of.So, no scavenging today but a great outing despite the fog and sea smells.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great shots! I miss the ocean.

Christine said...

How come dogs seem to love things that smell horrible?? Even worse when they roll in it! lol