Monday, October 27, 2008

Our circus

When I was the owner of a dog biscuit company, I posted to a blog called Barks & Bites. Since it was dog related, I often talked about our pets. Something that I haven't done much at all since we moved to Nova Scotia.
My camera is being repaired, so I haven't been able to take photos for the past few days (something that bugged me this morning when I went to let the guinea hens out. There were some beautiful photos of trees and wet leaves that I would have loved to take). I took these photos last week...not great pics, but the most recent ones I have of our crew.

This is Phantom. He's 15 and the oldest of our 4 animals. He mostly sleeps, meows at John to give him fresh water, and keeps active by getting chased by Cassie every day. This is Cinder. She's our 12 year old Giant Schnauzer (soon to be 13). We never thought we'd have her for this long. She's had medical problems all her life and now she has a lot of trouble getting around. She sleeps a lot too, but around 4:00 every day she gets a burst of energy and spends some time with us outside.We adopted Mulligan from a rescue group when she was a 6 week old pup. She's 9 now. We're not sure what she is, but we think she is part black and tan hound. She is timid and gentle, but sometimes Cassie pushes her too far and she'll fight back when she has to.And here's Cassie. We adopted her from a rescue group in September 2007. She'll be 5 in December. She has truly tested my patience over the past year, but 90 per cent of the time she's a great dog. She's the one that likes to snuggle with us most, but she's very dominant and bullies the other dogs whenever she can.One thing about having 4 animals....it's never dull around here. There's always something going on that makes you question your sanity!

1 comment:

Angelique said...

"There's always something going on that makes you question your sanity!"
Sooooo true!!! Today I came home to a dog that had gotten sick from the back side. Thank goodness for the brisell little green machine. I felt so bad for her though. The moment I walked in she had her ears down and the look of "I did something bad". She never does this, so I know she's just not feeling good, and she also woke us up 3 times in the middle of the night to go outside. Something else she never does. Poor girl.