Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy place

A few weeks ago, I bought a side table at an auction. It was too high, and thanks to G. and John it's now the right height. I was going to paint it, but it was previously painted with a terrible crackle finish so I started stripping it yesterday. A good reminder to me that I do not like refinishing. I do not find it relaxing, enjoyable, or satisfying. I worked on it for 2 1/2 hours yesterday and ended up feeling totally frustrated. I plan to tackle it again today and I will go to this happy place in my mind...My apple tree swing. These photos were taken last week during an apple picking break. These are the views from the swing...this is what you get to look at to the front: (guinea hens not guaranteed)To the back:To the left:To the right:How could you not be relaxed sitting on my swing? (yes, I have officially adopted the swing as my own. Too bad, Miss M!)

A little chilly for swinging today. But I might need it after tackling my little refinishing project!

No comments: