Friday, August 15, 2008

Tree Art

If you look in our trees, you might just find some window art. I haven't created one for a few years, but made several when we lived in Ontario.
I use old windows (collected from various sources) and glue cut glass to the window panes. I love the look of them with the sun shining through (which you'll just have to imagine because it was overcast the day I took these photos).
Sometimes I add grout between the glass. I just finished the window below (you'll see some white pieces, but these will turn clear once the glue dries)...something I have been working on since we moved to Nova Scotia. I'm wondering whether I should add grout between the glass or just leave it alone?
This window is fairly tall...probably about five feet. Now I'll have to find a good place to hang it. We certainly aren't lacking in trees to choose from!
Grout or no grout? Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No grout....I think. I'll let you know when I see it later today. DIL xo

juliah said...

No grout I'd say. I love how the flowers are tall and graceful like that.

Word Weaver Art said...

WOW!!!
I love, Love, LOVE these!!
You did them?
Gorgeous!
Helen