Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Friends on the farm

Some lovely flowers from the always thoughtful DIL.
G, DIL, and Miss M joined us for an overnighter at the farm on Saturday. We had a delicious (but rather late) supper cooked by John (as always). Sunday was spent fixing up the last of the comments that the home inspector made on his report when we purchased our home. Then we all headed down the 1/2 mile driveway....G with his chain saw, John on the tractor and Miss M in the trailer, DIL and I on foot. G cut up a lot of dead fall and some trees that were threatening to crowd the drive.

Once they headed home, John and I took the 3 dogs down to our lower field. There's a small pond there that I thought they'd like to jump in to have a cool down. They loved it. I wasn't sure it was a good idea once they dried off....for a pond fed by a natural spring, it was a little on the smelly side.

We found tons of raspberry bushes still with some ripe berries and started picking them....until John spotted these monsters: Ewwww.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am terrified of spiders. These guys put an abrupt end to our berry picking adventures. Who knew such humungous spiders would live here? Another bonus of living in the country. Yay.

I must say John will be surprised to see these photos. I went back on my own to snap some photos. I couldn't get a shot of the largest spider...I would have had to lean over these 2 guys to get the photo. And I was NOT going to do that!

No comments: