Friday, April 18, 2008

The countdown begins

It's been a little crazy around here. One week from today, we'll be driving away from our Ontario home on our way to our new home in Nova Scotia (1000 miles away). Thank goodness we're not packing up our stuff ourselves. For the first time in my life, I'm paying someone else to do it for me! That gives us time to see all the people we want to see before we leave.


Wednesday we drove down to Toronto to visit with Cody for the last time before we head east.

Here we are in his living room. I look like a shrimp, but I'm 5' 8". That's Cody's roommate Mike sitting down at the right of the photo. They are movie buffs (both being aspiring actors) so there are movie posters all over their apartment. It was a long day...4 hours driving to Toronto...4 hours with Cody...and 4 hours driving home. But worth it. I'm not sure how I'll feel living so far away from him. Time will tell.


This week has been full of phone calls. Lucky me, John has looked after almost all of it. Arranging for disconnecting hydro, cable, phone, etc here and setting up all the connections in NS, talking to insurance companies, having our snow tires removed from the cars, etc.


And...we sold the Miata! We had tried to sell it last fall but who wants to buy a convertible in Canada in November? One of the blessings about taking so long to sell our house was that it gave us time to sell my business and sell the Miata. It only took 3 days to sell the Miata. Now someone else can have all the fun riding around in a bright yellow sports car.


We're out to dinner for the next 3 nights with different groups of friends. The first thing I'll have to do once we move is lose the extra weight I'll be gaining during the next week!


Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Simply Me Art said...

Lucky you to have someone else pack up. You get to start driving and begin your New Life. Jamie