Monday, March 31, 2008

Image is everything - logo design

Wow, I can't believe it's already the end of March. One quarter of the year gone!

It turns out we only had one viewing on the weekend. It was the 3rd time these people have come to see the house. They love the house, the love the location in the subdivision (we are on a cul-de-sac with 2 other homes), but they are not sure about the town. So it's a maybe something will happen. The other showing was cancelled.

However life goes on, and some good things are happening. Angelique from Peach Tree Bliss has been working on a logo for my Search Me Toys. She designed the logo, some tags, and a couple of banners. You can check out one of the banners here. I'm so happy with them!


Angelique had me fill out a logo design brief. I told her I wanted an image with simple lines and a "cartoony" feel. The 3 keywords I picked that the logo should represent were searching, kids, and fun. I think she captured the perfect logo to represent these words, don't you?

When I had my dog biscuit business, I was asked for business advice from many, many entrepreneurs starting out. I told all of them to get a professional logo made, as well as professionally printed business cards and promotional materials. Image is so important, and so many new businesses fail in this area. i'm not just talking about stores, I think every business should do this...stay at home, etsy, artists, etc etc. It doesn't have to cost a fortune, and is money that in my opinion is well invested.

So, what are you waiting for? I'd highly recommend Angelique, but there are lots and lots of graphic designers around. Find a person that's right for you.

2 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

I Like It! Perfect! She did a great job. Im heading over to check her out. Good Luck with House... Sell, Sell, Sell, Geesh nothing is moving in my neighborhood but it has been that way for a while. Have a wonderful week. Jamie

Angelique said...

Thank you Sara!! I had a lot of fun designing the logo. And you were just wonderful to work with!