Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Patrick's Day!

I have a wee drop of Irish in me, but after several generations it's fairly diluted. My Scottish ancestors would probably deny the mix of Irish in the genes.

Searching the house, I came up with a couple of green things for your viewing pleasure... An original piece of art from 2007 done in acrylic paints by L. Thompson of Sudbury, Ontario. I found it on ebay one day and love it. I was embarrassed by how little I paid for it.
A green bottle that I intend to keep forever despite the fact that there's a chip in the lip of the bottle. It used to belong to my mom. She had some weird and wonderful bottles displayed on some open shelving that went up the stairwell in our home. Our home had the bedrooms on the main floor and the living and dining rooms and kitchen on the upper story. I've never thought about it before, but I love bottles of all shapes and sizes. It must be based in memories of my mom and the home I grew up in.
May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all your heart might desire.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: