Sunday, March 23, 2008

6

Today is our 6th anniversary.

We've been living together for almost 15 years, but officially it's our 6th.
I designed our rings. Well, I have a ring and John wears a pendant. The front of my ring has our 3 initials. H in the centre, and J and S out to the sides.
Beside the S is a scottish thistle, for my Scottish heritage.
Beside the J is an english rose, for John's English heritage. Only it turns out his ancestors were actually from Ireland. So it has morphed into a wild irish rose.The 2 flowers are entwined across the back of the ring.

I love my ring and am so happy I found a jewelry designer who could bring my vision to life.

And...I love my man. I'm so happy I found my life partner. Happy 6.

"I love you not only for what you are,
but for what I am when I am with you."

7 comments:

leslie said...

a big happy 6 to both of you! i hope the next six are just as good!

Angelique said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary Sara and John! And here's to many more wonderful years together!

TD wool design said...

happy anniversary! love the ring, how perfect! many more happy years to you both :)

carrie said...

Happy Anniversary! Your ring is beautiful:)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY Anniversary....Mrs. Harley (and Mr too : )! The great debate has been on for the last few days.......we all had a different date. I was going to call today to wish you a happy anniversary...wWhen I realized the easiest way to comnfirm is look at your blog (I'll have to write this date down so we don't miss it next year--sorry!)
We hope you had a wondferul one!! We love you both very much!
DIL (aka the other Mrs. Harley)

I am Jen said...

Happy Aniversary!