Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Search Me Etsy Shop

Here's my project from today. I ran across an "I Spy" bag on the internet a few weeks ago and decided to make some for our grandchildren. I changed the design quite a bit and filled the bags with brown rice rather than plastic pellets (I prefer to be environmentally friendly!)This project was not as easy as it might appear. Each bag is filled with 25 little miniature items. Finding 25 different tiny items was a challenge that obsessed me for a while. But I did it.

Unfortunately, you have to buy most small items in multiples. So...

I made a few extras and set up an etsy shop called Search Me to see what happens.
A completely non tech toy to keep little hands and minds occupied when you need some peace and quiet...in waiting rooms, at church, in the car...you name it. And...you might even like to try to find all those 25 items too!!

What do you think?

7 comments:

linda lu said...

This is such a brilliant idea! I've already saved one as a favorite on Etsy to come back to.
Hope they sell like mad!
Have you thought about using charms? Like from a jewelry store. Just a thought.... it reminds me of some kind of bridal shower game where there are charms hidden in a cake (or something like that)... Good luck!
ps. thanks for your comment on my blog. : )

Angelique said...

That is soooo great. I love it. I'm on my way to your shop now.

Christine said...

Very cute! If Avery was younger I would buy some. I don't know if you have a Dollarama where you are, but in the crafts section, you can find tons of little things.

I am Jen said...

I like that you use rice, which is not harmful if for some reason the bag was to open. I've bought a couple for my nieces that have this styrofoam stuff. I am going to half to check this out!

TD wool design said...

excellent idea and the soft, flexible feel is great for smaller hands! i have seen larger, acrylic versions. again, the rice is the way to go.

coastalgirl said...

I have made one of these before only with an empty pop bottle and coloured rice (I used food colouring). Your's looks much nicer! Love the patterned fabric!

DIL said...

LOVE IT!! I'd love to get one to send to Charlotte for her birthday!