Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ok, maybe not everyday

Well, my vow to do something creative was blown after one day. Wednesday was dedicated to my Search Me bags. Thursday was not so creative. But. I did some work on putting together a manual. I am in the process of selling my dog biscuit business as we prepare for our big move to Nova Scotia. Everything has been agreed upon. Papers are at the lawyers. And I am in the process of writing a manual on everything involved in the business. Easier than it sounds. But it's coming along and almost completed.

Friday I did get back to my vow and worked on a sweater for myself. I started this sweater in Jan 2007 and knit up all the pieces very quickly. (Patons 500838 Cardigan knit in Shetland Chunky Tweed Deep Red)
Those pieces sat and sat for months, waiting to be sewn together. For some reason I intensely dislike this stage. On Friday I buckled down and did it all! The last step is to knit the collar and button hole band. Today's goal is to get started on the collar. I'll have to find some nice big buttons before I start the button band.

We received some good news last week. Our son Cody (who moved to Toronto in December) finally found himself a full time job. He was working part time, which pulled in enough money to pay his rent but we'd like him to eat once in a while as well! Now he's working a full work week and once he gets settled into his job he'll pursue his acting dreams. He seems to have adjusted well to Toronto...a big move going from a town of 3500 people to Canada's largest city. He has 3 very good friends...one roommate and 2 others in the same 3 apartment building so they are very close. Nothing better than good friends to share your ups and downs with.

Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

Sara, Great News about your project and getting moving on it! Doesnt it feel good to get something just about completed! Cograts to Cody for persuing his dream.. We certainly have so much in common!Have a great weekend, get that project finished... Jamie

Connie said...

What a great idea! I love the bags since I have an impatient 3 yr old! We have a lot of the same interests, I have a great pyrenees and 4 cats, and am also an Etsy Seller- MommyMemoryBracelets.
I look forward to reading more of your blog!
~Connie