Friday, February 29, 2008

Busy as a bee

It's been a busy week. Looking after some loose ends in the business sale. Dealing with our phone company and trying to get the phone switched over to the new owner. Sounds easy, right? Nope. But I think it's done now...we'll know on Tuesday, which is when the switch over is supposed to happen. To the lawyers to get some papers signed so that the new owner can officially use the business name. Sending out faxes and emails to all the retail stores. Soon it will be wrapped up, and I'll just need to be on hand to answer questions for 90 days.

On Wednesday we popped down to Toronto (a four hour drive!) to take our son Cody to lunch. After the first 20 minutes of the drive, the roads were clear and dry, but the drive was a little scary nevertheless. I guess they must have had a storm the day before. We passed 5 transport trucks (one with a double trailer) and over 20 cars in the ditch. The last time we were down to Toronto was the day after Cody moved in. So we got to see the place all decorated (ha!). Two 20 year olds decorate a lot different than us. Lots and lots of movie posters, lots and lots of movies and gaming systems and games. Lots and lots of empty bottles. A couple of surprises...they keep a candle burning (which resulted in a mom lecture about "always remember to blow out the candle when they're not in the room") and they recycle. The three of us and Cody's roommate (Mike from the same theatre program as Cody when he was at college) went out for lunch. Then we went to look at Cody's workplace...a gourmet food shop within walking distance of their apartment. Cody seems quite happy, which makes us happy. The one bad thing about moving to Nova Scotia will be that we won't be able to "pop down" for lunch any more (kind of hard to do when the drive will be 20 hours).

Of course, I forgot to take my camera to Toronto. Cody has a camera in his cell phone, which resulted in some embarrassing moments for him as I took photos with it (Cody in front of his work, Cody at work, etc). Despite his promises that he would send them by email right away, I'm still waiting (no big surprise there).

I've been busy loading up the Search Me etsy shop with different versions of my rice bags. The photo at the top of this post is one of my favourites...a bright yellow fleece with red and blue elephants.

Tomorrow morning we're on the road bright and early to see our grandson's last gymnastics class. Then we're going out for breakfast with Mr. J and his mom. (note to self: don't forget the camera!)

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: