Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Simply Wonderful

Sometimes you just know when
something is the right thing to do.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found Jamie's blog Simply Me Art and was enchanted by her creations in her etsy shop.

I asked her to create some jewelry with a tin full of costume jewelry that used to belong to my sister. I took a leap of faith and sent the package to Jamie in California.

Take a look at the first piece she has created! I am so thrilled. I'm a pretty conservative person but I told Jamie I wanted her to make me some funky pieces. I think this is charming!

The big locket used to belong to our mom (who died of breast cancer 25 years ago) and there's still a photo of my dad in there. I think the photo is from the 1940's. Jamie has added a photo of Dori on the other side of the locket.

How is Jamie going to top this? She'll be making a couple more pieces for me so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! Im thrilled you like it, Wait until you see the next piece? Im almost finished and it has a bit more Pizazz and goes around your wrist... That is all the Clues im giving you for now.. Enjoy.. Jamie

Angelique said...

ohhh, what a great job she did!

Christine said...

What a great idea! Looking forward to seeing the next piece.