Saturday, January 12, 2008

Promise

Just like this amaryllis, this year shows lots of promise. I don't think I've ever really made a New Year's resolution but I've been giving it lots of thought this year. Maybe it has to do with aging...I'll be turning 47 this year.

You start thinking about life and where you are on the cycle. Have you accomplished what you wanted to with your life? If not, why not? What do you really want to do? Those are really tough questions when you really think about it.

I think one of my biggest accomplishments so far is raising a son who is (as my dad said many, many years ago) a "fine young man"...someone who has a set of values and is kind and is willing to work to achieve his dreams. (now if I can only get him to call his mom a little more often)

My other big accomplishment is being in a relationship that is truly a partnership. My husband and I may not always have the same dreams, but we share each other's dreams and work together to achieve them. You can't get much better than that.

But. This year I want to spread my own wings a little and challenge myself creatively. I have dreamed for so many years of "being an artist", whatever that means. I read other people's blogs and think "Wow, she's so creative. I wish I could do that". So my goal for this year is to stop dreaming about it. I want to create. I don't know what I want to create...maybe lots of things. Once we move to Nova Scotia, I'll even have my own little studio. So my goal for this year is to stop thinking and start doing.

I hope you join me on my journey. This year holds so much promise, I don't want to waste it.

What are your dreams? I challenge you to stop dreaming and work towards living your dream.
Maybe we can inspire each other.

1 comment:

Christine said...

It's not easy to think of ourselves first. My goal this year is to be healthy, in mind, body and spirit. Well, maybe not so much the spirit but mind and body. I am thinking of creating a private blog to track my progress. It will have to be a private blog that I only invite a few to have access to. Maybe we can encourage each other on our own personal journeys! :)