Sunday, December 30, 2007

Memories of Christmas Present - Part 2

Christmas morning was quiet around our place. It's very different when you don't have little ones around. We exchange stocking stuffers with John's kids so we get lots of nice little surprises in our stockings. I must have been a good girl this year. Look at what Santa left me in my stocking:


Hope John doesn't get jealous. But if he does, he has no one to blame but himself. We bought ourselves a GPS in November and agreed not to exchange presents.

A teddy bear ornament given to me by John several years ago. I love teddy bears.

In the afternoon, John's daughter and grandson (Mr.J) joined us. After opening presents, and a nap for Mr. J, the five of us headed over to Cody's dad's place (yes, my ex) for Christmas dinner.

The first ornament Cody ever made me...when he was 3.

We are so very lucky to be close friends with Ian and his wife Diane. It was a lovely Christmas dinner. The only bad thing about it was that it was at someone else's home...no leftovers for us! (we love turkey, and the home made turkey soup I make the next day). Not to worry...we're going to cook our own turkey on our Big Green Egg on New Year's Day.


I hope all of you had a very special holiday season, however you celebrate.

3 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

I am so Excited to get the Goodies and see what I can do. Thank you for the Good wishes and the Privilidge to create something for you.. Happy New Year to you and your family also.. Jamie

Angelique said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. I'd be sad about the left overs too...I LOVE left overs.

Christine said...

That must mean so much to Cody to be able to spend Christmas with his whole family....immediate and extended.