Monday, November 26, 2007

Presents in the mail

A gift arrived last week from our granddaughter...the lovely Miss M. This is a drawing of John (on the right) and me. If you look very closely, you can see that we have blue noses. So, I guess we really are officially Bluenosers!

Miss M has lived in Nova Scotia her whole life (6 years!) and we'll be joining her early in the new year. We'll be living an hour away from her, but that's much closer than the current 15 hour drive it takes us to see her.

Also arriving in the mail:A book full of Nova Scotia sayings. The one we've noticed most in our travels down east..."right" used as an "intensifier". As in : "She is right smart" or "It's right windy today".
I can't imagine saying it myself. I guess I won't be a true "coaster" until I catch myself saying things like that!

No comments: