Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Challenges

The past couple of weeks have been a bit of a challenge.

So far we haven't had any viewings on our house, which is quite disappointing and a bit tough on the nerves of steel that we have. We purchased our new home in Nova Scotia with a closing date of February 1st after meeting with a real estate agent to discuss "realistically" how quickly our home here would close. We were assured that things would move quickly.

Now one month has gone by with no viewings. That's not to say that we haven't been busy. We've cleared out so much (to charity, to auction, to the dump) that it makes me wonder where we were keeping it all! I've painted a room with cathedral ceilings (formerly "Cody's condo"...our son's tv room outside his bedroom on the second floor) It was Marigold (aka orange) and is now a creamy colour called Wood Lily.

To top it off, I had been negotiating to sell my dog biscuit business. I thought it was a perfect fit. Someone experienced, in a similar but non competitive business. But we couldn't agree on terms.

When that fell through, it sent me on a bit of a tail spin. House not selling. Business not selling. Oh boy. Maybe we're doing the wrong thing?

New day. Back to positive. Things happen for a reason. True...I won't be able to package and ship biscuits from my new home. But. I do have other options. Better options. I'm working on those now. Keep your fingers crossed. Please.

We're also checking with the vendors of our Nova Scotia home. They are planning to build a new home, so we've asked them if they would consider a later closing than February 1st. Keep your toes crossed. Please.

So, everything looks much better. Not all roads to your dreams are smooth and straight. Sometimes there are bumps and curves along the way. That's what makes it interesting. And that's what makes changing it from a dream to reality truly rewarding.

2 comments:

Christine said...

You know you are not allowed to leave me hanging like that!!! Is there a reason why you can't still keep the business in Nova Scotia?

Angelique said...

I've been told this is a slow time for buying homes due to the holidays. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Sounds like you've been really busy. It's so true that not all roads to our dreams are smooth...I think they are all a bit bumpy. Just remember what you are doing is awesome, you're following your dreams. :-) (I like to use smiley faces don't I)